144/114/72/37/20/10/5 km rides
Seven (really cool) varied recreational and social public Fun Rides (and even a fast guys option) for keen cyclists through rolling hills and stunning valleys of Manawatu Country and Ruahine Ranges. Get on your bike, bring a friend and enjoy a gorgeous ride. Freshen up with one of 19 hot showers in 5 separate mens/womens change rooms at Ashhurst Domain facilities.
Sun 18 Feb 2018
- Registration starts at 7:30am
- BBQ mealtime starts at 1:00pm
- Prize giving starts at 2:30pm at the Domain.
All rides start and finish at the Ashhurst Domain, Napier Rd (SH 3), Ashhurst, Manawatu/Whanganui
You have no less than six stunning route options to choose from:
Detailed map of the course available on MapMyRide
The Truckstops Heavy Hitters
Tough, stunning, beautiful ride along the Rangiwahia Loop. Did we mention TOUGH!?
Start time: 8:30am
The NZ Army Challenge
Challenging but do-able ride along the Apiti Loop.
Start time: 9:30am
The Fonterra 74km Family Ride
Two laps of the Colyton loop.
Start time: 10:30am
The Fonterra 37km Family Ride
One lap of the Colyton loop.
Start time: 11:30am
The Takaro Rotary Charity Rides
Off-road riverbank pathway.
Start time: 11:45am
Detailed map available on MapMyRide
Registrations are now open for the 2018 Manawatu Cycle Challenge – online entries are available here.
- 74Km Fonterra Recreational Ride: $47.00
- 37km Fonterra Family Fun Ride : $27.00
- 10km Takaro Rotary Charity Ride for “Bikes in Schools”: $10.00
- 5km Takaro Rotary Charity Ride for “Bikes in Schools”: $10.00
- 114 NZ Army Challenge: $62.00
- 144km Truckstops Heavy Hitters: $62.00
Results from the previous Manawatu Cycle Challenge events:
2017 – full results
2015 – page 1; page 2
The event wouldn’t be possible without the help of our amazing sponsors.